HACCP stands for: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- It is a science-based process control system aimed at eliminating or greatly reducing serious food hazards to consumers through effective prevention.
- The principles of HACCP are universal and may be applied to any manufacturing process or service, but it has thus far found greatest application in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Although individual processors have voluntarily used HACCP for many years, U.S. food regulators (USDA and FDA) have begun to require its use in recent years because it has been found more effective than other systems. Some European countries have gone even further in requiring the use of HACCP programs in both food manufacturing and food service.
- The use of a HACCP system protects your most valuable asset — your brand’s reputation! It only takes a single serious consumer injury to ruin a brand, and the best protection against this is prevention through HACCP.
To implement HACCP, all aspects of production need to be monitored such as:
- in the incoming goods department
- in the store
- during preparation work
- in the hot and cold food kitchen
- when dishing out food
- in deep freeze cabinets
- The monitoring is carried out by using reliable and accurate measuring instruments.
is a worldwide leading manufacturer of portable and fixed electronic measuring instruments. Our instruments are used in every industry from food service and HVAC upto flue gas analysis. Testo has more than 40 years experience in the development and manufacture of electronic measuring instruments. More than 1 million Testo measuring instruments are in use throughout the world. We have been certified to DIN EN ISO 9000 for over 10 years. All products that leave our factory are subject to 100% computer controlled final check. Our high-tech calibration laboratories guarantee you the highest measurement standards during the manufacturing and calibration processes. ISO calibration certificates for the complete measuring system (measuring instrument & probes) are required for measuring and testing equipment in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001, QS 9000, GMP, FDA HACCP etc.
The range of instruments under Testo cover precise monitoring and measuring instruments for the Transport and Storage of Food Industry, Food production, Restaurants, Catering and Supermarkets, Heating, Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality, Ventilation, Monitoring emissions in Industry, Pressure, Velocity, Refrigeration, Airconditioning and much more …